Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday night special

Sometimes I don't appreciate the little things in life. A friend said to me today "What would it be like to go sit at a bar and appreciate the bar atmosphere?" This is what I was planning to do tonight. I told her well that's my life. I never think about not being able to go out as I please without worrying about others. That's the thing about being single. You always just get up and go as you please. You think no more about it. Every now and then you are reminded that others who are married with children don't have the same options. As I yearn to join the ranks of married people, I know my life would be completely different than it is now.

For the last 5.5 years I have been single, not dating or in a relationship. For some bizarre reason it is not easy to find a boyfriend these days.

"Why couldn't it all be so simple" sings Lauryn Hill. "You rather make it hard"

This week I have decided to stop trying to communicate with someone my 2nd mother has been trying for weeks now to matchmaker with me. I believe the man should court the woman and not the other way around. Maybe I'm old school like that. We've talked on the phone like twice. Texting is the main source of communication. I met him sort of at my birthday dinner a week ago. Actually talked to him for a little while last Sunday. That's the last I've heard from him. I've txt, left vmx. No response. I'm not a rocket scientist but I get the hint. I just don't understand men. Why even waste my time if you don't plan on putting in time in to get to know someone before you just walk away or whatever you want to call it. I wish I could fastforward to my next relationship already. This dating/meeting someone/getting to know you bs is 4 the freaking birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment