Saturday, August 14, 2010

7 days until my 35th birthday

Today is August 14 and my birthday is in 7 days. I am real big on birthdays. I LOVE them. I have always believed they should be celebrated as national holidays because it is the day God blessed the world with your birth.

Traditionally, I celebrate my birthday with a dinner with friends/family. This year I'm a week away and haven't planned anything. You may ask why? The only reason is because for the past few months a rekindling of an old acquaintance from high school has me wanting to do something different for my birthday. He just informed me that he may not be able to get off from work to visit for my birthday. It's still up in the air. That has my plans in a hold pattern.

I sit here looking down at my birthday in one week, I'm not sure what I will do. The #1 thing I wanted to do and may still do is attend the Budweiser Superfest concert in Greensboro featuring Jaheim, Anthony Hamilton, Kem and Raheem Devaughn. I'll give it until Monday and then make my final decision on the concert. I'm not opposed to going by myself. I've gotten pretty used to flying solo. I would prefer to go with him but life doesn't work out the way you want all the time.

I may still do my birthday dinner on Friday if I go to the concert on Greensboro. I've been searching online for a birthday dress. I have become in love with the color purple. I found a purple maxi dress online. A little on the pricey side but I'm willing to shell out for it bc it's not everyday you turn 35.

As I sit at home on a Saturday night a little inebriated from the homemade pina colodas which I had 2, I wish that I wasn't home alone. Is it too much to ask to have a boyfriend that you spend time with? I won't get on my soapbox about men/dating/relationships. For some reason God has decided that I am not to be in a relationship at the moment. I think back to my last relationship which was over 5 1/2 years ago. That just made me depressed.

I do believe that I am not meant to live my life alone. I just wish I would meet him already. I know things happen according to God's timetable and not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment